Friday, May 23, 2008

Angry Mom!


Mitch and I had to attend a "pre-deployment" briefing today at 9am. They offered free child care since it was about a 2 hour briefing. Needless to say I was very worried about leaving Maddox with people I have never met and don't know the slightest with about! Mitch reassured me that everything would be fine and they were all certified caregivers.

After the briefing, we went back to the day care room to pick Maddox up... and there was a note on the door that read "Parents, we are outside". So, we go the the playground, no Maddox, we look out front, no Maddox, we looked around the building for about 10 minutes until we finally found all the kids outside playing on the hot tennis court (temp. today is in the mid 80's) some with NO shoes or socks on! My blood is starting to boil. We head back to the day care room to get his diaper bag and other items. We found his bag, and we found his bottle sitting by a sink, completely FULL!!! (it was now past 11:30) We specifically told the ladies to feed him at 10am! Now I am super pissed!!! And to add the icing on the cake, Maddox was NOT changed at all for the entire time he was there! Now, needless to say I am livid, about ready to punch someone in the head! I ask the lady, that took down our information when we first dropped him off, who I could complain to. She gave us the number to the lady who was in charge of CYS (children youth services). Although she was not there that day, she was the lady who was in charge and thankfully we got a hold her her right away. She apologized and told us she would get on top of the issue right away.

Maddox is home now, safe, and with a full belly... but I am still mad, hands shaking, head pounding, blood boiling mad!!! The lady in charge also said that we should have gotten a paper when we picked him up stating when he was changed, fed, etc. And of course, we never received that paper! She is supposed to be calling us back either today or Tuesday (due to the holiday weekend) to tell us how things were handled and what went so horribly wrong.

Letting other people babysit Maddox has always been a tough issue with me, and this just verified all my fears!

No comments: