Thursday, May 8, 2008

Garden of Hell

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. A lot has gone on since then.

I went home over this past weekend to visit with family and friends. Weird how in just a month everything and ever one can change. Now, I'm not talking huge changes, just little ones... but big enough to make me feel like an outsider already. I decided to cut my visit short and I came home a day earlier than I had originally planned. A bonus from my trip is I got to fly in a plane, first time since I was 1 year old so it was kinda a big deal to me. Flying at night was beautiful! All the lights from the cities, took your breath away.

Our friends had been staying with us the last few days. They bought a house and didn't have closing yet so instead of making them stay in a hotel we offered our futon. Sure it's not the most comfortable thing but it gets the job done. It was nice having them here, they are two of the nicest people I have ever met, and I think we'll be life long friends. Now, it almost seems empty not having them here...

We all went out to eat on Tuesday night. We thought a nice dinner at Olive Garden would be a fun idea, boy were we wrong!! First it took us 35 minutes to get our food, then none of the noodles were completely cooked (you could still see the uncooked part) Mitch's veggies were cold, it was horrible! We were pissed, for lack of a better word! We finally got a manager over to the table and after a "not so funny" joke she decided to take care of our entire bill. That was the only good part of the dinner! So, we left Olive Garden with empty stomaches but full wallets... it was just a waste of time. I've renamed it "The Garden of Hell"! Seriously, Mitch and I have the worst luck in going to "new" restaurants!

It feels like I have been in overdrive since I got home. So much stuff needs done before Mitch deploys and I don't even know where to start. Not to mention the constant bickering between us which I hear is normal right before a deployment... hey, if people are considering us normal, I'll take it! We've been trying to purchase a lot of the stuff I'll need to survive comfortably while he is away, but of course that causes more headaches and bickering than good. I think I'll have some pretty good friends down here while he is away... everything will work out.

Maddox is still in Pa visiting all the family. He'll be flying down with Amy, Brett and Zac on Saturday. They are coming down to visit and say good bye before Mitch leaves. It's going to be a busy weekend. We have our friends wedding to go to on Saturday and then with his family being here, you might just find little me rocking in a corner losing my mind!

Well, I guess that's all for today... miss you guys!

No comments: