Monday, June 9, 2008

A change is in the air... Can you smell it?

Today was Maddox's first time in day care, and let me tell you I was more nervous than he was! I dropped him off at 9am and cried a little as I drove away. It's amazing how fast they grow, He is becoming such a big boy... and I can't do a thing to stop it! So, I spent my day in the doctors office, for them to tell me I have tendanidous in my wrist after injuring it doing... of all things... mowing the lawn!!! Now, I am fitted with the most fashionable brace and taking anti-inflammatory drugs twice a day! How cool am I?!? (please don't answer that) So, after my exciting day of visiting the hospital and not to mention the fabulous Post Office I was off to pick up my little boy, who I was sure would be crying in a corner somewhere because he missed his mommy so much!! And much to my surprise, he was ok... he survived his first day, as did I. The sitter said he was wonderful... and for the first time in a week or so, Maddox and I spent a stress free night together! It was awesome, seriously, I have the most amazing little boy in the world!
I hate to be the bearer of what some might find as "bad news" but Mitch is thinking about re-enlisting in the Army while he is in Iraq. What that means for us... an income, a place to live, amazing friends, a chance to travel, a way to see the world in a whole new way. What that means for our family and friends, I'm sorry to say... and I mean no disrespect to anyone in anyway... but Mitch, Maddox and I are our own family now. Yes, we love all of you back home, but we need to do what is best for our family and not what the family thinks is best for us. Sure, we may have tough times and get homesick... but we need to start our own life, not relying on other people or their opinions. Of course we will listen to your fears and reservations, but at the end of the day... it will be a decision that will be made by Mitch and I, and only Mitch and I. We will do whatever it takes to make the best life for our little boy, not all may like or even agree in any decision we make, but let us make it for ourselves. (side note: nothing is set in stone, I just though everyone would like to be kept up to date)

We love you all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that the people who are supposed to be there for you (family and very close friends)are being so negative. You are right we do not know what you are going through and cannot pretend to, but do know that I wish the best for you and your family daily and totally respect your and Mitch's choice(s). If no one was there to support our country, we would not be the country we are today and would not enjoy the same freedoms we do today. I am sure you feel I will give you shit about not selling jewelry, or bug you about it... maybe that is y you don't often respond to my messages, but I won't. Take care of that wonderful family, I am happy that you have people there to support you and Mitch...everyone needs that.