Friday, June 6, 2008

Heart of a Sceaming Eagle

Today I was at the post office, sending off Mitchell's first care package. As I was standing in line, big box in one arm, Maddox in the other, I couldn't help but notice the screaming little girl standing one person behind us. She was about 4 or 5 and crying as loud as she could! The soldier behind me turned to her and asked her what was wrong... She pulled up her pant leg to show she had a very small scrape on her knee. Sure to us adults it was small, but to that little girl it was the end of the world! The soldier asked if she wanted it to feel better.... through sobs and gasps of air she quietly said yes. He bent down, and kissed her knee... she immediately stopped crying. She said thank you, and he got back up and took his place in line again. It brought tears to my eyes then and is doing the same now as I am thinking about it. To add to his kindheartedness, he held my box until we got to the counter...

I am so full of pride for my country and all the men and women that serve everyday, either over seas or here at the home front... even if it just means giving a little girl a kiss on the knee...

1 comment:

Sue Kloepfer said...

How cool is that.
You certainly are getting a chance to experience a lot.
Love Mom