Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Down Range...

Mitchell made it to the other side of the world safely. Right now he is in Kuwait, but soon leaves for Iraq. There's not much I can tell you about his where abouts or what he is doing... There is a lot of "Don't ask, Don't tell, Don't show, Don't share", so I haven't even gotten any pictures yet. What I can tell you is that he is safe and he is in good spirits, and can't wait to come home on R&R!! I sent out an email with his address and email address in it, if you didn't receive it that's because I don't have your email address so send it to me asap!

I've been doing ok with holding things together, I still have yet to sleep in our bed... it's been empty for 6 days now. It looks just like it did the morning he left. I'm sure eventually I will get back in there, but for now the couch is suiting me just fine. Maddox has shown some signs of Daddy not being around... he is more fussy than usual... and those of you who know my son, know he is not a very fussy baby! But, he did get his 3rd tooth in! YAY, and this one is on the top!!!

I haven't talked to many people from back home yet, partly because they won't and never will understand what we are going through and how tough it is. I guess it's true what they say, We now have two families... Our real family and Our Army family. I have to say, I think some of the best friendships I am going to find are going to be behind these gates in this Army world. I don't want my friends from back home to take offense. There is room in my heart for everyone, it's something you wouldn't understand unless you were going through it.
I love you all, no less than I had before! ♥

No comments: