Sunday, April 13, 2008

Am I on another planet?!?

The other day Mitch and I went to Subway to get some dinner. I ordered a seafood sub (yes, I know... but they are so yummy!) We got to the end and he asked "Would you like anything else on your sub?" I replied "Lettuce and Old Bay, please." And then I couldn't believe my ears! "What? What's old bay???" Are you kidding me, you don't have old bay!!! The guy has never heard of putting old bay on a seafood sub and they don't even keep it in the subway restaurants down here! I was blown away, thought I was on another planet for a minute. Then Mitch reminded me that we were far from any ocean and seafood/old bay is not huge in the south.

No crab shacks? What am I going to do??? I'm thinking of carrying old spice in my purse from now on, who knows when the craving for those delicious subway seafood subs might hit!

2 comments:

Sue Kloepfer said...

Robyn
Your blogspot is great. I passed it on to Jamie Coy if she wanted to read yours.Please keep us all updated, it makes you seem that much closer.
Love mom

Jamie said...

Hi, its Jamie. I just checked out your blog from your mom. :D
I hope you can get a hold of some Old Bay! Honestly, the first time I ate it was when I moved out here. I had never heard of it before. But once you have it, it is the only way to eat seafood. Good luck on your quest! :D