Friday, April 18, 2008

one more year older



Well, my first birthday away from family wasn't too bad. (thank you to everyone who called or sent me a message) Mitch surprised me with a massage at the Spa here on post. It was very relaxing. Then we went to the mall in Clarksville, did a little shopping and came home. I got to relax a little more while Mitch cooked dinner and took care of Maddox. We watched Juno (which I must say is quite a good movie). Nothing spectacular but I couldn't ask for anything more than to spend the day with my two favorite men!

Maddox is doing a lot of growing theses days. His second tooth is about to pop through and he is as fussy as ever. He loves to help me fold (then unfold) the laundry and thinks it's the coolest thing to crawl under the end table in the living room! He is still a little nervous about pulling himself up onto things that are higher than his head, but at least he "looks before he leaps"!

I met two other army wives on Wednesday, they are very nice and make me feel right at home. Too bad the one girl is leaving in June. (Her husband is getting his duty station changed) The other is here to stay, her husband teaches on post. Hopefully I'll get to meet more women as time goes on, it does tend to get a bit lonely down here.

That's all for today, hope everyone is doing well back home and I can't wait to see you guys!!

No comments: